Phenoxyethanol, other name ethelene glycol monophenyl ether, abbreviation EPH.
EPH is a high-efficiency filming aid with a film-forming efficiency that reaches the levels of cDOWANOL PPH (propylene glycol phenyl ether) and TEXANOL® (alcohol-12).
Because of its perfect comprehensive characteristics, it was widely adopted by many companies in Europe and America as early as the 1970s.
EPH has excellent solubility in various resins such as acrylic resin, nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, ethyl cellulose, epoxy resin, alkyd resin and phenoxy resin.
Therefore, ethylene glycol phenyl ether can be used as a solvent for acrylic resin, nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, ethyl cellulose, epoxy resin, phenoxy resin, etc., and is an ideal solvent for hydroxybenzoic acid esters.
Phenoxyethanol is mainly used in the following fields
- Solvent and improver in ballpoint pen oil can improve the fluency of writing and storage stability of the ink, improve clarity and prevent oil leakage.
- Used in inkjet inks, inkjet inks can have a small surface tension, excellent storage stability, and prevent clogging, and have excellent paper permeability and wide use of paper.
- Used as an anti-blocking agent for screen printing, which has better washing ability than trichloroethane.
It is also commonly used in lithographic printing plates for color developing agents, color developing liquids, screen printing solder pastes, printed conductor pastes, and masking pastes.
- Commonly used as a component in various surface cleaning agents, suitable for metal, ceramic, glass, plastic surface cleaning agents.
For example, it is used in paint cleaning agents, and the effect is good, and the surface treatment time of the substrate is short.
- Ethylene glycol phenyl ether in the plastic industry is commonly used in the preparation of PVC plasticizers.
For example, commonly used ethylene glycol phenyl ether to prepare phenoxyethyl malonate, mixed phthalic acid ester, adipic acid, mixed acid of azelaic acid and the like.
- In the heat-resistant insulating coating for insulated wires, or in combination with other solvents, the insulated wires have better appearance and flexibility after baking, and can significantly improve the physical properties and thermal properties of the wires.
- Medically used as a fungicide, preservative, acaricide.
Pesticide is used as a pesticide component, preparation of phenoxyethylamine derivatives, and preparation of other pesticide chemical intermediates such as phenoxy ether.
- Ethylene glycol phenyl ether is commonly used in the dye industry to prepare cationic dyes, anthraquinone dyes and other dye intermediates for fiber dyeing.
It is commonly used as a dye builder for polyester fibers and a treatment agent for polyamide composite fibers.
- Used in adhesives such as bedding rubber, floor glue, etc., can significantly improve the bonding strength of the adhesive, and is also commonly used in the preparation of PVC plastisol components.
- In the flavor and fragrance industry, it is the basic raw material for the synthesis of phenoxyethyl isobutyrate.
In the cosmetics industry, perfume protectants, anti-corrosion and fungicides are also commonly used.
Due to its high boiling point, high solubility, high polarity, low volatilization rate and extremely low odor characteristics, it is a typical multifunctional solvent.