Assay: 45% ；98%
Appearance: Yellowish transparent thick liquid
Capacity: 5000MT per year
Packaging: 1000 kg per IBC drum, 200 kg per drum
Assay: 45% ；98%
Chemical name: 2-Octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one
Synonyms: OIT; Octhilinone ; 2-Octyl-3(2H)-isothiazolone; 2-Octyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one; Octyl-3(2H)-isothiazolone;
Molecular formula: C11H19NOS
Molecular weight: 213.34
Appearance: Yellowish transparent liquid
2-Octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one Typical Properties
|Item||Specification (OIT 45%)||Specification (OIT 98%)|
|Appearance||Yellowish transparent thick liquid||Yellow transparent dense liquid|
|Content of Active Substance (%)||≥45||≥98|
Application field (OIT45%)
OIT45%: Mainly used in the synthetic leather, genuine leather, polymer, and paints industries to protect against mildews.
1. Serve as a broad-spectrum, long-lasting biocide to kill bacteria and fungi of all kinds.
2. Can be uniformly dispersed in the slurries of acrylic resin and polyurethane resin.
3. Excellent resistance to high temperature.
4. Applicable in the medium of the pH value in the range of 3 to 9.
5. Low toxicity; completely in line with the strictest EU standards.
For use in the synthetic leather, genuine leather, and polymer industries, the concentration of using is recommended to be 0.3-1.0% (w/w); instructions for the concentration of using in the paint industry will be offered by the company’s technology division depending actual applications.
Application field (OIT 98%)
OIT 98%: Suitable for applications in the industrial oil, plastic, building materials, leather, paint, and textile printing and dyeing areas to protect against mildews
1. Demonstrate an excellent bactericidal effect; with broad-spectrum, long-lasting features.
2. Low toxicity; easy to operate; can be added at any production step.
3. Applicable in the medium of the pH value in a range of 5 to 9.
4. Good uniformity of dispersion; contain no VOC; with thermal stability.
5. Not combustible and easy to transport and use.
6. Stable in the intense ultraviolet or acid rain environment.
Usage and Cautions
1. It is recommended to use the concentration of using in the range of 0.1 to 0.5%, depending on the actual applications. This product is also widely used for sterilization of interior and exterior latex paints to protect against mildews; suitable for use in the production of eco-friendly latex paints; it is recommended to adopt the adding concentration of 0.1 – 0.3% depending on the performance and service environment of paints.
2. If it splashes onto the skin, rinse with water immediately to avoid irritation or cauma.
3. This product should be used in the medium of pH≤9.5.
4. Wear protective clothes, rubber gloves, goggles and masks; avoid any contact with the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
2-Octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one Packaging and Shipping
Packaging: 1000 kg per IBC drum, 200 kg per drum.
Keep container tightly closed
Store in a cool dry well-ventilated place