Calcium sulfate Quick Details
Chemical Name: Calcium sulfate (Anhydrous calcium sulfate
Calcium sulfate hemihydrate,Calcium sulfate dihydrate )
CAS No.: 7778-18-9, 10034-76-1， 10101-41-4
Molecular Fomula: CaSO4, CaSO4▪1/2 H2O, CaSO4▪2H2O
Calcium sulfate dihydrate
Molecular weight: 136.14 9 (anhydrous calcium sulfate),
154.16 (calcium sulfate hemihydrate),
172.17 (calcium sulfate dihydrate)
Grade：Cosmetic grade, food grade, feed grade, industrial grade，pharmaceutical grade
Calcium sulfate Typical Properties
|Magnesium and alkali metals||≤0.2%|
Calcium sulfate Applications
- The raw materialsof cement, calcium sulfate hemihydrate and sulfuric acid. Used as a filler in the paint and paper industry. Used as Agro-chemical fertilizer, can reduce soil alkalinity, improve soil performance.
- Food grade can be used as nutritional supplements (calcium fortification), coagulant, yeast food, dough conditioner, chelating agent, andalso for tomatoes, potatoes, tissue strengthening agent, brewing water hardener, wine Flavor enhancer and so on.
- In addition to a large number of gypsum used as building materials and cement raw materials, it is also widely used in rubber, plastics, fertilizers, pesticides, paints, textiles, food, medicine, papermaking, household chemicals, arts and crafts, culture and education departments. In areas lacking of sulfur resources, it can be used to make sulfuric acid and ammonium sulfate.
- As a filler for epoxy resin, can be formulated high strength, high temperature, good wear resistance of epoxy adhesive. Asbestos manufacturing can also be replaced without asbestos friction materials
- Calcium sulfate can also be used on cosmetics and toothpaste
Calcium sulfate Packaging
Calcium sulfate Storage
Store in a dry, clean warehouse. Food-grade products should prevent the pollution of toxic substances, are not allowed to be mixed with toxic substances storage and transportation, avoid moisture, moisture.