Thymic acid Quick Details
Product Name: Thymic acid
Other name: 2-Isopropyl-5-methyl phenol; 5-Methyl-2-(1-methylethyl)phenol
CAS No.: 89-83-8
Chemical formula: C10H14O
Molecular Weight: 150.22
Appearance: White crystal powder
Thymic acid Typical Properties
|1||Appearance||White crystal powder|
|2||Odour||with the lasting hot smell|
|6||Solubility||1g soluble in 1ml 95% ethanol|
|7||Content||total thymol ≥99%|
Synthetic thymic acid
Due to limited natural resources and high extraction costs and environmental pressures, it is mainly based on synthetic thymol. There are several main methods for synthesizing thymol:
(1) The synthesis of thymol by sulfonation and alkylation of m-cresol and isopropanol using fuming sulfuric acid as a catalyst. However, the strong acid sulfuric acid is too corrosive, and the process is not environmentally friendly.
(2) Using decalin as a solvent, α-pinene is catalytically oxidized and then subjected to catalytic cracking to prepare thymol. The process has many reaction steps and the yield is low.
(3) After the citric acid is catalyzed by ring closure, thymol is prepared by catalytic dehydrogenation. The process has many reaction steps, and the catalytic dehydrogenation catalyst has a short life, and the source of the upstream raw material citronellal is small. At present, the focus of research is mainly on the preparation of thymol by the Friedel-Craft alkylation reaction using m-cresol and isopropanol as raw materials.
Thymic acid Usage
1. The bactericidal action of thymic acid is stronger than phenol, and its toxicity is low. It has bactericidal and fungicidal effects on the oral throat and mucous membrane. It has antiseptic and local anesthetic effect on the molar cavity. It is used for disinfection of the mouth and throat, dermatophytosis. , radiation sickness and otitis.
2. It can promote tracheal ciliary movement, is conducive to the secretion of tracheal mucus, easy to sputum, plus bactericidal effect, it can be used to treat bronchitis, whooping cough and so on.
3. It has a strong killing effect. The 1% solution has a 100% mortality rate for half an hour, and the 0.03% solution kills 100% for 24 hours. Can also be used as an insecticide.
4. In addition, thymic acid can also be used as an antioxidant to identify specific reagents for titanium nitride and a comparison benchmark for thymol blue. Thymic acid is a natural active ingredient with high safety, easy availability, stable chemical properties, low toxicity and easy degradation in the environment. These characteristics are in line with the development requirements of biological pesticides.
5. There is a thymol bactericide, which has a long-lasting effect on watermelon powdery mildew, tomato gray mold, citrus acute anthracnose, pepper blight, eggplant verticillium and other diseases. The fungicide is low in toxicity, environmentally friendly, safe and harmless, and is a fungicide with very good market application prospects.
Thymic acid Packaging
25kg/fiber drum or as customer’s requirement.
Thymic acid Storage
Keep in cool, dry and shading place.Inquire Now