Thymol Quick Details
Product Name: Thymol
Other name: 2-Isopropyl-5-methyl phenol; 5-Methyl-2-(1-methylethyl)phenol
Chemical formula: C10H14O
Molecular Weight: 150.22
Appearance: White crystal powder
Thymol Typical Properties
|1||Appearance||White crystal powder|
|2||Odour||with the lasting hot smell|
|6||Solubility||1g soluble in 1ml 95% ethanol|
|7||Content||total thymol ≥99%|
What is Thymol ?
Thymol is a white to pale yellow translucent crystal that was originally isolated from thyme and is therefore named. Thymol is a crystalline powder at normal temperature, having a boiling point of 233 ° C and a melting point of 48-51 ° C. Thymol has a special aroma of thyme or thyme and is an important raw material for the preparation of menthol. It has antiseptic properties and is less toxic than phenol. It has medicinal value and can be used in oral hygiene products.
1. The bactericidal action of thymol is stronger than phenol, and its toxicity is low. It has bactericidal and fungicidal effects on the oral throat and mucous membrane. It has antiseptic and local anesthetic effect on the molar cavity. It is used for disinfection of the mouth and throat, dermatophytosis. , radiation sickness and otitis.
2. It can promote tracheal ciliary movement, is conducive to the secretion of tracheal mucus, easy to sputum, plus bactericidal effect, it can be used to treat bronchitis, whooping cough and so on.
3. It has a strong killing effect. The 1% solution has a 100% mortality rate for half an hour, and the 0.03% solution kills 100% for 24 hours. Can also be used as an insecticide.
4. In addition, thymol can also be used as an antioxidant to identify specific reagents for titanium nitride and a comparison benchmark for thymol blue. Thymol is a natural active ingredient with high safety, easy availability, stable chemical properties, low toxicity and easy degradation in the environment. These characteristics are in line with the development requirements of biological pesticides.
5. There is a thymol bactericide, which has a long-lasting effect on watermelon powdery mildew, tomato gray mold, citrus acute anthracnose, pepper blight, eggplant verticillium and other diseases. The fungicide is low in toxicity, environmentally friendly, safe and harmless, and is a fungicide with very good market application prospects.
25kg/fiber drum or as customer’s requirement.
Keep in cool, dry and shading place.